Privacy Statement Website Clever Republic
Important information about who we are
This is Clever Republic’s privacy statement. In it, we explain, among other things, why we collect and use personal data, what data it is and what rights you have when we process your personal data.
Clever Republic B.V. (hereinafter referred to as: Clever Republic) offers various services in the field of Data Intelligence and Data Governance. For the purpose of carrying out its activities, Clever Republic has a website. This privacy statement applies only to the Clever Republic website (www.cleverrepublic.com) and its subsections. For recruiting purposes, a separate privacy statement applies. This can be found here. Do you have questions about this privacy statement? Or about Clever Republic’s use of your personal data? If so, please email our Privacy Officer (email@example.com).
What data do we collect about you?
As a visitor, you can use the Website without providing any personal data. This Website only collects personal data that has been clearly and voluntarily provided by visitors. Such data may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- (Business) e-mail address
- (Business) phone number
- Organization name (optional)
- Any information you enter yourself as message content
We do not collect any special personal data, such as data concerning racial or ethnic background, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical and mental health condition and finally the sexual orientation of visitors. If necessary, we will ask your explicit consent for the collection and use of said data.
How do you collect my personal data?
We may collect your data in several ways, including when:
- You provide it to us by filling out the contact form,
- You want to participate in an event organized by us and fill out a form to do so,
- You visit our website and give permission for (certain) cookies to be placed on your computer.
For what purpose do you collect my personal data?
- To get in touch with you if you have indicated on our contact form that you would like to get in touch with us,
- To send you information about an event if you have registered for that event,
On what basis do you process my personal data?
- If you fill out the contact form we have a legitimate interest to contact you,
- If you register for an event we have a legitimate interest to send you information about that event,
- For strictly necessary cookies we do not need to ask permission, these are necessary for the functioning of our website. Other cookies are only used based on consent.
How long do you store my personal data?
Clever Republic stores your personal data no longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Event: 30 days after the end of the event,
- Contact form: 30 days after the last contact made,
- Cookies: 30 days.
Cookies allow the website to recognize your device and store information about your preferences or previous actions so that the website works (more efficiently), and to send information to the website owners. Cookies therefore allow us to provide you with a pleasant experience on our website and to continuously improve our website.
We use the following cookies for our website:
Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies are required for the functioning of the website. For example, this allows us to record and guarantee your consent to cookies. We do not need to obtain your consent for this according to the AVG.
Analytical cookies: We use analytical cookies to keep track of visitor statistics, for example. This gives us better insight into the functioning of the website. For this, we need to obtain permission according to the AVG.
Functional cookies: We use functional cookies for functionalities such as sharing website content on social media platforms. For this we ask permission.
Performance cookies: Performance cookies allow us to get an even more complete picture of what visitors do on our website and what they mainly click on. According to the AVG, consent is required for this, which is why we ask for it.
Clever Republic takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification.
Protection of children’s privacy
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy on the Internet. This website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children under the age of 13. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about persons 13 or under.
Rights of data subjects.
You have the following rights:
- Right to access: you have the right to see the personal data we process about you.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to correct or supplement the personal data we process about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you can easily withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to deletion: you can request us to delete your personal data.
- Right to data portability: if it is technically possible, you have the right to have the personal data we process about you transferred to a third party.
- If you wish to claim any of the above rights please email our Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Right to restriction of processing: In some cases, you may request to restrict (temporarily or otherwise) the processing of your personal data which means that we process less data about you.
If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, we may ask you to identify yourself. For this purpose, we request data to ensure that you are the correct person to whom the personal data belongs.
In principle, we will comply with your request within one month. However, this deadline may be extended by two months for reasons related to specific privacy rights or the complexity of the request. If we extend this deadline, we will notify you within the first month.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may notify us by contacting us at the following email address (email@example.com)
Filing a complaint
If you have any questions, or would like to make a complaint about the use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We process each question and complaint internally and communicate this further with you. However, if you feel we are not helping you in the right way, you can contact the Personal Data Authority to file a complaint.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement.
Clever Republic has the right to make changes to this privacy and cookie statement. Changes will be published on our website. Therefore, please check this privacy and cookie statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.